Tier 1 Weight Management
Self care using NHS approved Apps and guidance https://www.nhs.uk/better-health/lose-weight/
Tier 2 Weight Management (by referral)
- Face to Face sessions (located in community venues across Hampshire)
- Virtual Classes (these sessions will be the same as those in the community but will be led by the instructor online via zoom or teams).
- Shapeup4life App (the programme is same as face to face and the virtual and is available on smart devices and is available 24/7).
Eligibility criteria for Tier 2
- Adults aged 18+ years with a BMI ≥ 30
- Adults with a BMI ≥ 28 for those from Ethnic Minority Groups or those with long-term conditions, Cancer, Atrial Fibrillation, Coronary Heart Disease, Heart Failure, Stroke or TIA, Hypertension, Diabetes, Asthma, COPD, Musculoskeletal disorders, Diagnosed mental illness.
- Must be resident in the administrative county of Hampshire or registered with a Hampshire GP.
Wish to be referred? Please complete this short form and we will be in contact
Tier 3 Weight Management (by referral)
The Weigh Ahead’ service is a Specialist Community Weight Management Service for severe and complex
obesity, providing an intensive level of support to patients through a multi-disciplinary team (MDT)
- Patients must be aged 16 or over
- Patients must have a BMI ≥ 35 (with co-morbidities; see list of significant co-morbidities below) OR a BMI ≥ 40 (without co-morbidities)
- Patients must have complied with a range of weight loss interventions at Tiers 1 and 2 of the pathway over a 2 year period and have failed to achieve or maintain weight loss goals*
Wish to be referred? if you are eligible and tried all of the above arrange a consultation with your Named GP