Many of you will be aware that back in February 2020 Adelaide Medical Centre (AMC) was experiencing many difficulties, so much so that the Partnership decided to hand back their NHS contract and resign. The Practice was set for closure on 31st October 2020.
A new leadership team (Dr Bev Scowen, Dr Paul O’Halloran and Philip Heiden) felt that AMC had all the components to make a thriving NHS Practice and took up the challenge to turn around the Practice. The new Partnership commenced in September 2020.
So one year on what has been achieved?
- CQC re-inspected and rated the Practice ‘Good’ in all key lines of enquiry
- Ranked 22/133 best GP practice in HIOW (NHSE GP Patient Satisfaction results)
- Patient routine care waiting times down from 6 weeks to just 3 weeks
- Staff satisfaction turnaround, 100% of staff feel Supported/ 92.9% have seen an improvement in the practice
- Increased clinical staffing hours
- Increased admin/ reception staffing hours
- Upskilled many internal staff ‘investors in people’
- New services now delivered onsite include phlebotomy, LARCs, MSK physio, Pharmacist reviews and Primary Care Mental Health services
- Improved clinical management across many long term conditions and prescribing safety
- Premises modernisation, safety and expansion modifications made
- Increased patient parking onsite
- Patient participation group went from 25 individuals to over 2300 virtual participants who now complete surveys and receive newsletters
- Fastest growing patient list size in Andover, now 9700 patients whereas AMC have consistently sat around 9000 for years
The team at AMC are very proud of their achievements considering the landscape that we were also working within
- A global pandemic COVID
- An NHS recruitment workforce crisis
- Current NHS workforce experiencing high levels of sickness, self isolation and/or stress/burnout
We hope that you (the patient/s) have seen a marked improvement and are just as excited about the coming year as we are. Thank you also for all your support and appreciation letters we have been receiving of late.
We want to publicly thank our amazing staff that have shown the greatest work ethic, determination and positive attitude towards change. Ideas are just ideas if you do not have the people and teams to support the implementation of them. You can clearly see their hard work above.
Take care all