COVID-19: Our surgery plans and how this will affect you
If you have had any contact with the surgery over the last few months, you are likely to have noticed a marked difference in the way things are being done. We have made changes to minimise face to face contact between patients and staff, limit the spread of the Covid-19 virus and keep our practice team and patients as well as possible. The information below shows you how we plan to operate over the coming weeks:
Making an appointment
- Our GP practice has now moved to a total triage system. This means that all requests for appointments must be made via the phone 01264 351144
- Each request will be passed to a doctor for assessment. You may find that we treat you by phone, or we may ask you to come to the surgery.
- Access to the surgery premises will only be if you have been asked to do so and there will be clear arrangements discussed with you as to how we can safely do this. Please do not come to the surgery unless you have been specifically asked to do so.
Attending your appointment
- You may be asked to stay in your car, not to come into the surgery, to call the surgery to get further specific instructions.
- Whilst you may have to go to a different entrance at the surgery building to the one you are used to and you might see a doctor or nurse who you are not familiar with, your records will still be accessible securely to you and to them.
- If you are able to, please continue to use Patient Access or the NHS App to order your repeat prescription. You do not need to come to the surgery to register to do this.
- If you cannot order your repeat prescription any other way, then you may deliver this through the surgery letter box – this can be done without accessing the reception.
How can you help?
- Please be patient – our phone lines are very busy.
- Do you have a condition that you can treat at home? If you do then please try to do this with advice from NHS online or your local pharmacist.
- Do you simply need general advice? If you do, can you call 111.
- If you think you may have Covid-19 DO NOT go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Use the NHS111 Online service to find out what to do next: 111.nhs.uk/covid-19
- If you feel you need to see a doctor for non-Covid-19 symptoms, then please call 01264 351144 and we will discuss your needs.
- Please help the receptionist by giving them as much information as possible and answer any questions they may have. This will help us prioritise calls and have the right clinician call you back.
We already have some staff shortages due to isolation and sickness and aim to continue to give you the best possible care at this difficult time. We appreciate your continued support.
The nursing team are only seeing patients who have an appointment for a dressing change, a smear test (cytology), child immunisations, or an injection (B12, prostap, etc).
If you are on medication we ask that you do not order until at least ten days before it is due. If you order earlier, your request will be rejected. This is to protect the supply chain and to ensure that as may patients as possible requiring medication have access to it.
We thank you for your patience during this difficult time.
To book (online booking has been suspended during the Covid-19 period) or cancel your appointment online, to order repeat medication or to view your coded medical record please click here
Please note you must register for this service before you can use it. To start your registration please click here Your request to register will be activated by us once we have verified that you are a current patient of the practice.
Before making an appointment please consider if it would be more appropriate to self help. The links below will take you to a significant amount of self help information on every medical condition